If you wish to upload any file to FS Nordic's file library, please read the following rules carefully. They are made to make the library management easier for our staff members.
Please note that we may not be able to accept the uploaded file to our library, if these instructions have not been followed.
General guidelines for ALL uploads
- We accept only free files, meaning freeware, public domain etc.
Shareware not approved at the time being.
- File must be your own work. If it has been made by someone else,
you are not allowed to claim the file as your own. If you have made modifications
to the file, make sure you have the permission from the original author - also
remember to credit the original author(s).
- We do not accept fictious aircraft, or virtual airline aircraft repaints.
- As we are a regional website, please upload only airlines and scenries from European area.
What files you must upload?
=> You must always upload at least three (3) separate files! One ZIP, one JPG/GIF and one TXT file.
- The main package itself.
- This file must be in ZIP format.
- Make sure you have tested that the package works and all files are included.
- Do not use spaces or any other special characters in the filename.
- Make sure filename describes the package. Good filename is for example B777klm_fs04.zip, NOT aircraft.zip.
- Image of the add-on/product.
- Make sure the base filename of the image matches the main package:
- If you upload B777klm_fs04.zip, image name MUST be B777klm_fs04.jpg.
- This file must be in JPG format (GIF also accepted in case of small icon images or similar).
- Please resize the image to correct size.
- Width of the image must be 150 pixels. Height according to the dimensions of the image.
- Image is not required for all files, but it is highly recommended!
- Description of the add-on/product.
- Make sure the base filename of the description matches the main package:
- If you upload B777klm_fs04.zip, image name MUST be B777klm_fs04.txt.
- The description must be in plain text format, TXT.
- It has to contain the basic information about the add-on/product:
- Full name of the add-on/product.
- Required simulator version(s).
- A short textual description.
- Names and e-mails of the authors.
- If the package you uploaded is an update to some existing file already in the library, please make a note of it to the description.
You are able to upload files to the file library by using two different methods. Upload with FTP program or by using your web browser. We recommend that you upload files by using the FTP method, as there you can upload multiple files at the same time and you can also see the progress of the upload.
Now please select the method you wish to use to get more information how to upload the files:
Contact us for more support
If you have problems uploading the files, make sure you have first read all the instructions from this page. If you are unable to resolve the problem, please contact our file library managers by using our contact form.
File Library - Terms of Service
FS Nordic reserves the right to select the files it places under public download to its website / file library. A file uploaded to the file library is screened by the library staff and if it is deemed suitable, it will be placed to the public library. Files uploaded to FS Nordic's file library will remain the property of the author(s). When uploading a file to the library, author grants FS Nordic a non-exclusive and worldwide license to electronically display/disrtibute the contents of the file(s) to visitors of FS Nordic via FS Nordic's own website.
To protect the server and bandwidth FS Nordic has made efforts to protect the file library from unauthorized hotlinking of files and images from other web servers. If authors wish to use FS Nordic's file library as a public distribution place for their add-ons, they are not allowed to link directly to the files located at the file library - unless otherwise agreed. All links should be placed only to front page (www.fsnordic.net) of our website.
FS Nordic cannot be held responsible if any specified file is not added to the library, or is later on removed from the library, or is otherwise unavailable for downloads for any specified period of time.